The GUI front-end does not provide access to all the features implemented in SCRAM.
The GUI front-end is developed with Qt5 and Qt Creator.
The front-end can be launched from the command-line with
scram-gui --help to get more information.
Translation and localization status can be found at Crowdin.
- Construction and visualization of risk analysis models (fault trees, event trees, etc.).
- Configuration of the analysis.
- Delegation of the analysis to the core.
- Presentation of the analysis results.
- The GUI design relates to the user, not the system architecture.
- The GUI must be so intuitive, discoverable, and transparent that developers can get away with minimal or no documentation of the GUI.
- If the GUI tutorial is needed, the design is failure.
- If screen-shots are needed to discover a feature, the design is failure.
- Loose coupling with the SCRAM core
- Efficiency and Performance (Soft = 50ms)
- Correct by construction (guaranteed validity upon model construction).
- Visualization and construction of analysis models are meant for human consumption and analysis, not for demonstration of how complex/complicated/large the system is.
- Risk analysis models (e.g. fault trees) of engineering systems have natural modularity; the system can be described by an interrelated/interconnected collection of components.
- A monolithic description of a component with a large number of elements (e.g. 100 or more) is practically incomprehensible for human consumption, unmaintainable, and error-prone, hiding the modeling errors.
- A myriad (10 or more) of failure scenarios describing the model is practically incomprehensible for the analyst.
- Qualitative and quantitative metrics (e.g. total probability, # of scenarios, etc.) together with data analysis and visualization help the analyst filter out the most important/relevant information to focus and act upon.
- The analyst is computer-literate and knowledgeable of risk analysis tools and techniques.
- Full screen mode
- Printing capability
- Find and replace
- Warning pane
- Status line
- Multi-level undo
- Hot keys/Shortcuts
- Separate editors for analysis components
- Convenient, effective view of analysis results
- Context menu
- Smart defaults